Introducing Voltage Modular 2.0
Cherry Audio is thrilled to announce the highly anticipated release of Voltage Modular 2.0! This truly massive new release is completely FREE for all Voltage Modular users, and brings innovative new features, workflow improvements, and new sonic possibilities to the realm of software modular synthesis. Voltage Modular 2.0 is the most feature-rich, sonically flexible software modular platform in the world.
Voltage Modular 2.0 obliterates all patching limitations, and introduces groundbreaking new ways to build complex patches with fewer cables. Unlimited cables per jack allows for endless modulation possibilities. The new Busses feature offers an ingenious new way to build complex patches and eliminate messy cables. Variations takes modular synthesis in unprecedented new directions, with unlimited variations available per patch. Play variations individually, or use triggers or CV to move through variations in endless ways. The IO Panel now includes an integrated Recording section, generating pristine 32-bit floating point audio files, sourced from the IO Panel main left and right outputs. Workflow improvements are everywhere in Voltage Modular 2.0, from custom module categories and search terms to optional auto-alignment of modules in cabinets.
What is Voltage Modular
- Unparalleled Workflow. Designed from the ground up to address the shortcomings of other virtual modular synth instruments. Featuring unlimited pop-up mults on all inputs and outputs, effortless repositioning of modules or groups of modules, cables that can be moved and rerouted at all times, and easy-to-read control panels with extensive visual feedback, including cable signal flow indicators, Voltage Modular offers a clean, polished, virtual modular interface like no other.
- Fantastic Sound Quality. All audio processing in Voltage Modular uses high-quality 64-bit double precision math, and all module processes are zero-latency and operate on individual samples for true modular performance. This translates to fantastic sounding audio-rate frequency and amplitude modulation, oscillator sync, insane delay feedback, and more.
- Vast Array of Modules. In addition to “industry-standard” oscillator, filter, envelope generator, voltage-
controlled amplifier, and utility modules, the Voltage Modular Core package features innovative modules
for expanded creativity, including a polyphonic oscillator with fast and easy MIDI setup, CV and MIDI in
and out modules for easy interfacing with other virtual instruments and external hardware synthesizers,
the Formula module, which applies a wide array of mathematical equations to audio and control signals,
and much more. The Misfit Audio Electro Drums package contains features 14 classic analog drum and
percussion modules as well as a dedicated sequencer, combining to create a powerful and easy to program,
self-contained vintage drum machine.
- Infinite Expandability. The innovative module browser allows users to purchase and automatically install
modules and sound presets directly from within Voltage Modular for immediate expandability. The number
of modules and cabinets contained in a patch is limited only by computer CPU performance.
- Developer Friendly. Our exclusive Module Designer application lets software developers design and
program custom modules with virtually no functionality limitations. Completed modules can be submitted
to the Voltage Module Store, allowing programmers to sell approved modules directly to Voltage Modular users. Voltage Modular is far more than just a musical instrument; it’s a complete and infinitely expandable modular platform. Third-party developers can build new modules, performing almost any audio, MIDI, or signal processing function. Module development is lightning fast, and all modules are inherently cross-platform.
- Infinitely Expandable. Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums is a powerhouse collection of modular madness. All of the fundamental tools of modular synthesis are included – a huge variety of oscillators, filters, envelope generators, amplifiers, arpeggiators, sequencers, mixers – plus powerful effects, samplers, a large suite of polyphonic modules, the room-rattling vintage oscillator and filter, our drum sequencer, a huge collection of electronic drum and percussion modules, and the acclaimed Super Oscillator, Super LFO, and Super Envelope Generator modules. In short, it’s modular mayhem, and a ton of fun.
Voltage Modular Ignite 2.0
A smaller bundle for a smaller price! Get a taste of Voltage Modular with the Ignite module collection. 45 modules + over 265 presets are included for the ultimate introduction to modular synthesis.
Included programs: Voltage Modular Core, Voltage Modular Software, Voltage Modulator Presets, and 45 modules.
Voltage Modular is cross-platform, supporting AU and Pro Tools AAX on the OS X side, and VST, VST3, and Pro Tools AAX on Windows platforms. It also runs as a standalone application on both OS X and Windows. Sound patches are freely exchangeable between all OS X and Windows formats.