Finale 27 Professional
Trade up from Allegro, Printmusic, or Songwriter
Create your way with Finale. Easily arrange or compose publisher-quality music notation that plays back with world-class sounds, and share your creations with the world. From lead sheets and guitar tabs to band charts and orchestral scores, Finale empowers you to create anything you wish. What’s more, Finale accommodates your workflow, so you can also create any way you wish.
- Note entry options—Play a MIDI keyboard, use a mouse and computer keyboard, or import a variety of file types.
- More sounds—With more than 500 Garritan instruments and Human Playback, your music becomes a life-like performance.
- Powerful features—Enjoy Linked Parts, Music Educator Resources, TempoTap, and many other innovative features.
- Help Resources—Enjoy free technical support, video tutorials, and the industry’s best Help resources.
Only Finale can create SmartMusic accompaniments.
Finale is a full 64-bit application incorporating new features, streamlined workflow, bug fixes, and under-the-hood enhancements resulting in improved performance.
New in Finale 27
- advanced music sharing functionality
Finale now enables you to quickly and easily share your notated documents with anybody. Without leaving the app, you can upload and share privately or publicly.
- Standard Music Font Layout (SMuFL) support
SMuFL is a growing comprehensive standard that organizes musical characters into a common layout so music fonts are displayed correctly in every notation application that supports it. Spend less time searching for or creating musical symbols and more time making music.
- revised instrument list
Our revised instrument list ensures your notation looks great the first time—no matter which instruments you’ve chosen—and that you hear the correct sounds when playing a document. We’ve also added to the list of instruments you can use when starting a new document or editing an existing one.
- MusicXML 4.0
The latest version of MusicXML provides even more control when transporting your compositions. With more information than ever now being captured in a MusicXML file, you’ll be able to efficiently and confidently send files between practically any modern music software.
- quality-of-life updates
We’ve tackled a lot of known issues, such as unexpected installer behavior and unusable display scaling on Windows, crashes due to macOS quirks, and problems with printing.
Features added in Finale 25 include:
- Transposed note entry—When inputting music into transposed staves, Finale plays the transposed pitch on entry as well as during playback.
- Large time signatures—While Finale has always been able to display very tall time signatures, in previous versions setting them up could be tricky. Not anymore.
- An incredible playback library—The library of premium Garritan sounds included with Finale has been augmented with more than 100 new additions, including a stunning Concert D grand piano from the award winning Personal Orchestra 5.
- New ARIA Player—Now you can more easily and quickly select any instrument from Finale’s vast collection of Garritan sounds AND enjoy more control over the included convolution reverb.
- ReWire support—Finale users who also work with digital audio software have long wanted to be able to sync with these applications. ReWire makes it possible to press play in Digital Performer (for example) and have both DP and Finale playback in sync.
- Improved Human Playback—the feature that makes your music sound like humans are performing it now responds instantly when you press play.
- Expanded MusicXML import and export—You can share music with users of other software more accurately than ever before.
New in Finale 26
- Auto-stacking articulations—When you add more than one articulation to a note, they now stack automatically – and intelligently – eliminating the need for manual edits.
- Slur/articulation interaction—As you add or adjust slurs, existing articulations will automatically adjust to avoid collisions. Finale knows what articulations should go inside and outside a slur, and will also split up stacked articulations so that everything fits.
- Instant tremolos and rolls—When placing a tremolo or roll on a note, Finale adjusts the note’s stem as necessary, whether the note is flagged, unflagged, or part of a beamed group. Enjoy engraver-quality results without the fuss.
- Horizontal centering—Finale version 26 allows you to flip articulations from note side to stem side with a keystroke. It also knows when to center an articulation on the stem or the note, and does so as you make changes.
- New expressions and articulations—Finale’s expression and articulation libraries have been overhauled, expanded, and refined for playback. Not only do they look better, you save time by not having to create or configure them.
- Enhanced chords—Musicians often disagree on chord suffixes. Whether you prefer one-, two-, or three-letter suffixes, Finale now recognizes your favorites as you type them, and sets them up to look and sound great.
- More—Finale v26 also includes performance enhancements, improved Retina support, bug fixes, many new templates, and more. All the latest features and updates can be viewed in Finale’s online user manual.
Finale requires that you authorize the software within 30 days after installation. You are allowed to install Finale on two operating systems (multiple licenses excluded).
Finale family software can open files that were created in the same or older software version, but files created in a newer version cannot be opened in an older version unless converted via MusicXML. Finale offers the exception to this rule as it can also share files, back-and-forth with Finale 2014 and save Finale 2012-compatible files.
Technical Requirements (v27.0):
- Windows 8.1, 10 or 11 (64-bit Intel or AMD processors only)
- 4 GB RAM
- 1280×800 minimum monitor resolution (high resolution displays not currently supported)
- 1 GB hard drive space required for software with an additional 8 GB for Garritan Instruments for Finale
- ASIO, DirectSound, or WASAPI audio support
- macOS 10.14 Mojave/10.15 Catalina/macOS 11 Big Sur/macOS 12 Monterey, Intel-Based processors and Apple Silicon M1 (through the use of Rosetta 2 only, Apple Silicon native support currently not available)
- 4 GB RAM Minimum
- 1280×800 minimum monitor resolution
- Internet connection required for installer download and authorization
- 1 GB hard drive space required for software with an additional 8 GB hard drive space required for Garritan Instruments for Finale
- CoreAudio or ASIO audio support
- USB Port
- Internet connection for download version, updates, and help resources
- MIDI interface
- MIDI input and/or playback device
System requirements vary for additional products by Garritan and other manufacturers.